The NHL season is just getting started.
- Eriah Hayes was placed on waivers earlier today, but no one is coming off IR just yet. This is to just get him some time down in Worcester if he clears because it's unlikely he'll get into the lineup otherwise. Hayes was called upon last year and played 15 games due to all the injuries. Unfortunately for him and other older prospects, younger players are starting to step up and leave them behind.
- Couture disappointed he didn't get a letter, but plans to play the same way: “I think it’s human nature to be disappointed. Any player would be, I think, in this situation. But, same person. You can’t let if affect you. I’m going to come in and do the exact same thing if I had a letter or if I didn’t.” McLellan said, “Logan has been fine. He’s dealt with me the way I thought he would, very professional. When somebody doesn’t get one, it’s not like we’re closing the door on the individual and saying ‘don’t ever come back, you’re not qualified.’ That’s not the case."
- Dan Boyle, former Shark, was injured in his first game as a Ranger, out 4-6 weeks after breaking his hand. The Sharks play in New York on Oct. 19th, which Boyle will miss. They play again in San Jose Jan. 10th, hopefully Boyle will be healthy in his return to the Tank.
- Anaheim lost 6-4 yesterday to Pittsburgh. John Gi6son.
- We will start using this website for advanced stats.